Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Apple's big release

Well, well. We are less than 24 hours from Apple's big product announcement. Of all the different speculation that I have read on engadget.com, macrumors.com appleinsider.com and TUAW.com I hope the annoucement will be something to do with video. A video iPod does not excite me necessarily other than to see how Jonathan Ives and Steve Jobs execute it. I like that they make museum quality pieces (Nano, the Cube, iMac G5, etc.) but for portable devices I wish Jonathan would design a case. What sense does it make to develop a portable device with a buttery soft face?

In terms of tomorrow this is what I want to see.
  • video DVR device driven with an upgraded version of iTunes.
  • I would like to have the device to do h.264 HD encoding
  • 80, 120, 180 gig hard drive configurations
  • Firewire 2 connectivity
  • USB2 wireless rebroadcast capable
  • 2 HDTV tuners
  • DVD-R drive

All in a case that can stack on top of a Mini. What do you think? It would be portable at that size, it would replace TiVo, and Apple could feasibly do it with the exception of maybe the USB2 wireless which is not ready for prime time yet. Please don't disappoint us Apple with a bump in iPod capacity. A new 80 gig iPod is not news worthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home